Saturday, December 23, 2006

Shinkansen Bullet Train Window View Tokyo Heading North

I had to head up North through a few prefectures from Tokyo the other day. After awhile on the bullet train, I realized I should video, so here it is. About four minutes looking out the window on the shinkansen. I think I was in Tochigi prefecture when I decided to take the camera out. Unfortunately the earthquake and sound walls block the view a bit in the middle. Anyway, here's some basic views of Japanese towns and such. I think it might be possible to understand the speed of the train (at about 200mph at points). You can see that close objects just appear and disappear in 1 frame of video. It looks like that when you're riding as well. This isn't sped up video or anything, just a standard, very convenient and expensive trip on Japan's bullet train.

3 comments:

no1bookmark said...

Thanks for the ride on the Bullet train, I was able to envision the speed, impressive considering there was very minimal sound. Also, I was impressed to see miles and miles of "wall" and not a drop of graffiti.....it's obvious it's not in NY.

owenandbenjamin said...

That was a really, really cool video. I have also been on the Shinkansen several times and it is amazing everytime how fast it goes, especially when you are standing in the station and an express train blasts through the station without slowing down. It's crazy cool.

ruina said...

Hey tornados28, thanks for reading.

Yeah, I tell visitors to try the shinkansen at least once and to show up maybe 20 minutes before the train will arrive just so they can see the million tons of steel fly by when a train passes through the station. It's really amazing.