Saturday, November 04, 2006

Pictures of one of my neighborhoods

Well, I took 5 minutes to try out the new camera around my apartment near the NEC headquarters. You can click on the pictures to see more detail.

Tokyo Tower is a symbol of Tokyo that you find in almost every film/show/anime that you see. Just like an American movie taking place in NYC will show the statue of liberty or times square. Its image is ingrained in my head, so when the realtor starting driving into this area and I saw the tower, I started thinking this would be a great place. Here we have the view from my apartment:

















Next, this is where all the restaurants, drinking places, pachinko parlors, and all the basic night entertainment happens. This is about an 8 x 8 street grid of pedestrian-only roads for having a good time at night. The people there are about half NEC workers and half Keio University students, and me. Here's two pictures of two roads, though at this size its difficult to see how long they are and full of places to go.



































And here are two pictures of the outside of Japanese pubs (called Izakaya). A great place to relax, drink, and eat. The second picture is one of my absolute favorite places, too bad it's blurred. I'll get more pics and video of all this later. Anyway, it's hidden away down a curvy natural stone set of pathways and the whole area looks like the old Eda era of Japan. Great area, great atmosphere and food, only they sometimes play American oldies music which really doesn't fit.

No comments: