Thursday, September 28, 2006

One thing I like about Japan

One thing I like about Japan is Genki Sudo.

Here, you can see his latest pop music video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktTgNh3CT0Q:

He preaches peace and always holds up a "we are all one!" sign.
He thinks sensitive and positive thoughts, like this one taken from
his diary about brave, talking fish (I've cleaned up the english a bit):

"The other day I went to the sushi bar and found salmon roe [salmon eggs]. They are young'uns who are to go to the chopping board as soon as they are born in this world. There are also tuna and young yellow tail around who are old hands.
"Hey, salmon roe, you are impudent!" "You have never ever swum in the sea!" I thought I heard those voices and salmon roe might feel frightened, but they weren't. A rolling sushi bar is kind of a fashion show, and they stand out so attractively.
While I am eating them happily, I gained the energy and power of a spear carrier in this new generation. To those who will start a new life from April, such as entering new school or company, enjoy yourself and try hard with salmon roe spirit!"

But that's not all. He's also one of the toughest fighters in the world.
It seems like such a contradiction, especially where fighters in the UFC in america are all shaved heads, tattoos, goatees, the whole tough guy thing, and here's a peaceful guy singing about love and beating up people in competition.

Another thing I like about him is his creative, psychedelic mindset. Here is a collection of his ring entrances which are quite cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw7awoNuRFc

No comments: