Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Japanese Racism (Part 4)

Note: Please see Part 1 or this will not make any sense at all!
http://insidejapan.blogspot.com/2007/03/japanese-racism-part-1.html

Okay, I looked at his first bad day. And I'll admit, I looked at it in a "devil's advocate" sort of way (as alluded to in the first post about not being able to present that view with a straight face). Regardless, an accusation of this type _should_ be looked at from such a distant, critical, even skeptical, view.

I don't blame the person that wrote the blog piece per se... But the fact that this blog post was seen by 10's of 1000's of people - I believe the people that chose to "digg" (approve of the post's interesting-ness on digg.com) alone was over 2000 or maybe more. This perpetuates myths. I say "myths" because - should we base Japanese racism on a post (on digg.com, the headline was something like "RACIST JAPANESE IN THIS DAY AND AGE" or something of the like) - should we base our ideas on the racism of this country on a blog post from one person's experience over two days? - and I've already covered how it's hard to see racism in the 1st of those two days.

Next up, his 2nd bad day.

No comments: